NG_Careers Northrop Grumman
A leading global security company, Northrop Grumman provides innovative products and solutions in autonomous systems, cyber security, and complex logistics to government and commercial clients.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people’s lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation’s history – from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work – and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they’re making history.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for prime satellite and payload capabilities and directed energy and electronics solutions for national security, military, and civil customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Principal Computer Systems Administrator to join the Electronics and Payloads Special Test Equipment Engineering (STEE) team. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Space programs that provides specialized IT support to Restricted, DOD, Unclassified systems and environments. This position is based in Redondo Beach, CA.
The roles and responsibilities of this position include:
– Provide administrative Integration and Test (I&T) floor support for Windows workstations (i.e. user management, workstation moves and setup, deployments and network connectivity)
– Administration of Linux (RHEL/CENTOS) 6/7/8 servers and workstations
– Administration of Windows workstations ( Win7, Win10)
– Installing, configuring, troubleshooting Windows and Linux operating systems and network connectivity
– Installing, configuring, and supporting Windows applications ( i.e. Xilinx, Windriver, LabView, MS-Office, MS-SQL drivers, or other COTS applications as needed)
– On call, 24/7 pager support during critical phases of testing, contingency operations and off-site as required
– Five years of relevant experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; or 3 years of relevant experience with a Master’s Degree; or 0 years of relevant experience with a PhD.
– Candidate must have, and be able to maintain, at least ONE of the following active U.S. Government security clearances:
– Dept of Defense Top Secret level with a background investigation date within 6 years
– OR SCI access with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within 5 years, or a Poly within the last 6 years
– Minimum of 2 years working experience administering Linux (RHEL/CENTOS) 6/7/8 servers and workstations
– Minimum of 2 years working experience administering Windows workstations ( Win7, Win10)
– Meets DOD IAT requirements for security certs or be in the process of obtaining one. (i.e. CISSP, Security+ certification)
– Active SCI Clearance
– Performing Backups and Restores using COTS and Open Source tools to implement a disaster recovery plan ( Windows and Linux )
– Building, deploying, configuring, and troubleshooting IT systems hardware (i.e. Workstations, Servers, Storage appliances, network switches, rack & stack)
– Consult with vendors in the identification of new hardware/software technologies to meet program requirements
– Working experience with scripting languages and automation, such as bash, ansible, and/or powershell
– Experienced with SAN/NAS hardware ( i.e Netapp, Linux and Windows file servers, storage appliances )
Salary Range: $92,000 USD – $138,000 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual contributions as well as allow employees to share in company results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042 https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/contractors/ .
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.