What’s the role?
Are you great at problem solving? Are you mechanically inclined? Then we have the opportunity you’ve been looking for as part of the Systems Support Team within the Data Capture & Ingestion department. You will be part of an innovative, dynamic team that is responsible for supporting the entire technical infrastructure involved in capturing data that plays a critical role in building and maintaining our world-class digital maps and products.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide first level (Tier 1) helpdesk support (hotline) to EMEA users encountering problems with capture systems
- Installation, testing, maintenance and upgrading (HW and SW) of capture equipment
- Install prototype equipment, repair/replace parts, diagnose technical problems, identify equipment and cabling problems, and isolate electrical and mechanical problems causing failures, and provide testing documentation for mainly the EMEA region, but also globally
- Set-up and maintain bench testing and diagnostic instances of capture systems to facilitate troubleshooting and work with peer engineering teams in troubleshooting issues
- Work with other departments to ensure smooth repair, enhancement, and deployment of systems with minimal impact on day-to-day operations in accordance with uptime requirements
- Provide trainings on capture systems to users and operators as required
- Create technical documentations, training materials and user manuals
- Ensure initiatives and projects are executed according to quality standards and other business objectives
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements of current systems and/or processes
- Coordinate, plan and prepare international shipments of capture systems
Who are you?
- Education: graduated vocational education (Level 3 or 4) of a technical profession or degree in computer science and/or electronics.
- Work Experience: minimum of 1 year work experience within the relevant educational fields; experience with in-car computers or after-market automotive systems a plus
- Good knowledge of computer hardware, Windows Operating System and associated tools for diagnosis and repair. Basic Linux skills advantageous
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, and ability to develop and recommend innovative solutions to problems
- Attention to detail, good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to interact with users and managers, commitment to teamwork and to interact in a collaborative environment. Simultaneously, ability to work independently depending on the situation and/or task
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 25%) on short notice.
- English language skills: fluent in spoken and written
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us. Watch Video