Capital One is a nationally recognized and high-tech business banking company, offering better customized consumer and commercial lending and deposit financial services.
Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate – Cyber Security Operations Center Analyst (Remote-Eligible)
Capital One is looking for talented Cyber Security Analysts with traditional network security and cloud infrastructure monitoring experience to join our Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) in McLean, VA. The Principal Associate level CSOC Analyst position will require a deep knowledge of network protocols and infrastructure, log investigation techniques, knowledge/understanding of cloud infrastructures, and incident handling experience. Not only will you need to know about the threats to networks, applications, cloud infrastructure, and theory regarding network protocols, but also the ability to proactively identify signs of misuse and abuse using various log sources.
It is your responsibility to find the threat actors attempting to attack the Capital One infrastructure, and identify and stop any malicious actors who make it past our defenses. In addition to the technical skills, you will need to be a leader, someone who enjoys training and mentoring teammates, and a person who can encourage and elevate the team.
- High School Diploma, GED or Equivalent Certification
- At least 5 years of experience conducting Cyber Security investigation and documentation.
- At least 5 years of experience working with a SIEM
- At least 5 years of experience with system, cloud, application and network logs
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing and identifying network traffic
- At least 5 years of experience with PCAP analysis
- At least 5 years of experience analyzing endpoints (server/workstation)
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cyber Security or Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience conducting Cyber Security investigations into network and application activity
- 5+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- 5+ years of experience working with SIEMs and evaluating SIEM alerts
- 5+ years of experience administering or investigating Mac OS, Linux OS
- 5+ years of experience leveraging core security, cloud, and infrastructure technologies during investigations
- One or more of the following certifications ( CISSP, CISM, CCSP, Security+, CEH SANS GIAC 503 or 504, AWS Security)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One’s recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).