- Panda Express Interview Day - Phoenix, AZ - 8/10 - Phoenix, AZ
- Information Security Specialist-Global Active Directory Infrastructure (Remote OR Hybrid) - Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Full Stack Software Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
- Manager/Sr Manager - Business Architect, Onboarding Capabilities - Phoenix, AZ
- Web Development Engineer - Java - Phoenix, AZ
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
In Global Commercial Services Technology (GCST), we develop software products and platforms across Small Business, Mid and Large Market and Global Commercial Clients. Our goals center around furthering the company’s priorities of building on our strong position in commercial payments, whilst making American Express an essential part of our B2B customers’ digital lives. We continuously strive to optimize the level of innovation, quality, and speed with which we deliver across many products and channels including Sales, Client and Individual Customer Acquisition, Digital Servicing, Commercial Lending, B2B Payment Products, Remittance Processing and Commercial Data. Together with multiple Product and Engineering teams outside of GCST, we work collectively to deliver enterprise capabilities to our B2B customers.
As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. Responsible for maintaining the knowledge base of domain capabilities and business use cases. Support technology and product teams to facilitate solutions enabling business value and the enterprise architectural vision. This is a business & technology facing role, mapping business process to capabilities, providing E2E solution for the prioritized features using program increments, ensuring flexible and global system/capability design and 1-2 year capability roadmap including performance, availability and test automation. The role involves working with product managers, business managers and engineering leaders to convert the business idea/vision into a development roadmap.
Requires strong organizational, technical and creative problem-solving skills. Requires strong stakeholder management and ability to influence across multiple levels of leadership. Must work well in a dynamic, complex environment and under deadline pressures.
- Develop and maintain capabilities, business flows, value streams, business cases, business model and blueprint, and maps between capabilities and banking functions.
- Provide end-to-end business process and technical expertise during solutioning of features, problem resolution or preventative maintenance measures.
- Maintain the architectural vision by partnering with the stakeholders, technology and product teams to align on the business outcomes, strategic business drivers, business value streams and capabilities and identify opportunities for optimization.
- Document, analyze the gaps, perform quality assessment of the baseline and target business architecture.
- Partners with the business and technology teams to provide guidance and assistance on the Digital banking blueprint of capabilities and functions.
- Ensure that the implementation meets the product specifications and business requirements in alignment with the enterprise and technology architecture strategy.
- Propagate architectural flows and governance to a set of scrum teams to deploy the new business features across products.
- Actively involved with the projects in scope and consulted for subject matter expertise of the business processes and banking ecosystem.
- Create architectural artifacts (process flows and diagrams) for business initiatives to ensure consistency across products, help in evaluating and configuring new products.
- Consolidate and correlate disconnected business needs, processes and identify synergies to avoid redundant design and build.
- Communicate solution architecture details and roadmap to scrum teams who in-turn will translate them into user stories and deployment plan.
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of the business process, drivers for change and recommend the right solution.
- Maintain the inventory and knowledge base on business processes, business capabilities and technical components along with other architectural artefacts e.g. data architecture, application architecture.
- Brainstorm and negotiate effectively with various stakeholders to continuously come up with best design.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
- 5+ years in Agile Product development and delivery.
- 2+ years in business architecture or solution architecture.
- 3+ years of experience SDLC/SAFe methodologies and practices and Enterprise Business architecture.
- 5+ years of experience with platforms integrations, APIs and programming/modeling technologies.
- 5+ years experience launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and prototyping, iterative development, Agile Framework and principles.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven track record of driving digital innovation and architecture with a customer-first mindset.
- Excellent communication, documentation and reporting skills with the ability to engage, influence, inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment and deliver quality, actionable and beneficial feedback to management.
- Understanding of the evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design.
- Enthusiasm and passion for building great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality.
We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to demonstrate that you have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination series (i.e., 2 doses for Moderna/Pfizer and 1 dose for J&J) in order to work in or visit any of our offices. This requirement is subject to legally required accommodations.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.