Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is an E-commerce and Cloud Computing company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington. Since 1995, Amazon has focused on being “the world’s most customer centric company.” Our customers are worldwide, and include not just consumers, but also our sellers and vendors (selling partners). World-class retail brands and individual sellers increase their sales and reach new customers by leveraging the power of the Amazon e-commerce platform. To meet our selling partners’ needs, our smart, diverse, customer-obsessed employees are constantly innovating and building on new ideas.
The Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) organization exists to keep our customers and partners safe, protect associates, and ensure legal and regulatory compliance. Restricted products Operations (RP-Ops) is the operational arm of the organization. The team partners with worldwide program teams to classify products and ensure Amazon’s product listings follow regulatory and legal compliance guidelines. RP-Ops supports regulatory compliance requirements for Amazon’s Restricted Products program. RP-Ops has offices across India, China, Poland, Romania, Netherlands, Jordan, and Costa Rica and supports compliance related needs for worldwide Amazon marketplaces.
A Manager in RP Operations team typically manages a team of up to 20 people. The role can also require managing a team of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) or Individual Contributor (IC) that acts as support function for teams. You will also be expected to interact with counterparts in other geographies and share best practices across the program and cross program. The basic responsibilities include, but not limited to –
• Own business metrics and processes, aligned with business goals; establish processes for measuring, tracking, and driving continuous improvement of metrics
• Contributes to goal settings for direct team members in lines with process goals
• Responds to escalations/ analyzes data; highlights trends and gaps, and prepares data for business meetings/reviews
• Analyze defects and develops programs that fix root causes and work with other support/tech/process excellence teams wherever required
• Build and scale process-related solutions that have metric impact through multiple projects and automation; drive adoption of solutions across teams
• Tracks and reports key team metrics
• Review SOPs, processes, and tools to ensure that proactive changes have a positive impact on process and team performance
• Develop teams, SMEs/ICs by setting SMART goals and driving developmental plans. Provide regular coaching and feedback and help them grow on functional and leadership skills
• Participate in hiring people (both internal and external)
Additional responsibilities may involve taking part in analyzing data trends for planning for the program, ensuring process hygiene for multiple functions, onboarding new processes and running cross program initiatives regarding people engagement.
Minimum 4 years in managing people, interacting with customers or stakeholders
Minimum 2 years in independently managing a function
Responsible for performance and development of a downstream team of at least 15 to 20 people in operations
Graduate in any stream
Overall work experience of minimum 6 years
Strong Analytical ability
Good in verbal and written business communication
Master of Business Administration from tier 1 / tier 2 college
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt/ Black Belt