At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Uses business knowledge and technical expertise to develop information system plans to support business strategies. Partners with IT teams and business personnel to align technology choices. Expected to work under minimal supervision.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify appropriate IT solutions and strategies that support business unit strategies and accomplish goals. Maintain relationships with business and IT partners to build influence and secure buy-in for governance functions. Assists with planning and coordination of requirements to drive solutions. (30%)
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business, IT partners and other stakeholders. (20%)
- Apply knowledge of key business unit processes, systems, and initiatives and maintains knowledge of industry and IT trends. Contribute to strategy development. (20%)
- Assist IT Architecture and Engineering community to appropriately plan the introduction of new technologies by utilizing Exelon’s standard governance process as outlined in the Management Model. (15%)
- Assist in providing Business and IT resources information regarding application solutions and business process trends and issues. Has knowledge of IT architecture review and standard settings. Creates Management Model documentation and provides input on white papers (5%)
- Provide performance evaluations, career development feedback, and recognition as required (5%)
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function (5%)
- Prepare formation of IT solution strategies to solve significant business opportunities and/or problems
- Coordinate planning and delivery of business solutions
- Design alternatives, manages expectations, and captures and represents customer requirements
- Assist innovation to drive new business opportunities and solve complex business problems. BudgetManagement specific to area of accountability
- Work under minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years experience in (add area(s) of specialty) or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Broad understanding of business processes
- Previous experience in developing requirements, business processes, opportunity assessments and technical alternatives.
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with process and data modeling techniques
- Certifications: CCBA; CBAP; PMI-PBA.
- Demonstrated expertise in the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) space.
- Leveraged your background in the utilities industry.
- Utilized an Agile approach whenever possible.
- Worked with remote project teams.
- Experience creating a Business Analysis Office.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor