Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to help accelerate customer adoption. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers, architects and technical managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
As a Solutions Architect in the AWS SMB group you will work directly with Small and Medium Business customers. We are looking for individuals who are motivated by the opportunity to work backwards from these customers’ needs and help them gain competitive edge using AWS. As an experienced technologist and key member of the Account team you will help influence customers’ architectural choices across broad use cases involving security, compute, storage networking as well as advanced scenarios involving serverless, analytics, and AI/ML.
As a part of the role, you will provide exceptional technical design and thought leadership. You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practice knowledge with the AWS solution architect community. You will also gain the opportunity to learn from, collaborate with, and educate some of the brightest technical minds in the industry today across the breadth of enterprise architecture.
- 3+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience in applications or infrastructures
- 8+ years within specific technology domain areas (e.g. software development, cloud computing, systems engineering, infrastructure, security, networking, data & analytics)
Experience in a customer-facing, sales aligned role, presenting to small and large audiences
Working knowledge of cloud technologies
Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
Exceptional communicating skills across internal and external organizations
Technical degree required; Computer Science, Math or Engineering background desired
Ability to travel, including out of state, up to 20% of the time
• In addition to broad technical depth expertise in at least one particular domain, and/or platform: DevOps, Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, Serverless computing etc.
• Intermediate or advanced experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Senior leadership role at a startup or 2+ years leading technical sales at C-level
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience working within software development or Internet-related industries
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy solutions to the cloud
• Solution selling experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.