- Head, Merchant Sales & Solutions - East Africa at Visa - Nairobi
- Senior Manager, Business Development Mid-Market East Africa at Visa - Nairobi
- Business Development Executive at Visa - Nairobi
- Senior Manager, Business Development Mid-Market East Africa - Nairobi
- Senior Administrative Assistant at United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) - Nairobi
Visa’s vision is to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa creates new products and solutions for consumers, merchants, banks & fintechs to enable next generation of payment solutions.
The regional Solution Architecture and Platforms team is looking for an experienced card payments Solution Architect. The solution architect will create solutions using Visa’s existing capabilities, external partner capabilities or altogether new capabilities to address opportunities in issuing, acquiring, new payment flows as well as value added services.
The candidate is expected to work with internal and external clients, fintechs, global Visa product and technology teams to create innovative solutions for our clients. The candidate will guide clients’ technology teams on solution design and lead deep-dive sessions to define message flows. The candidate would provide expert advice to clients’ business leaders, technology teams and partners who want to use Visa solutions or create a new solution. The role will require leading complex solution discussions and will span across multiple teams of varying backgrounds, geographic locations, and time zones. The candidate should be able to communicate complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Visa is looking for self-starters who are thought leaders with a proven track-record of success in fast-paced payments product development environments, able to deal with uncertainties and ambiguities along with demanding timelines.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for all of Visa’s products. It will require the candidate to absorb vast amounts of information on all Visa’s products.
- Lead design discussion and as well as deep dive workshops with partners/clients to drive adoption of existing and new Visa solutions
- Oversee project implementations
- Perform periodic reviews of live solutions to ensure compliance to Visa’s product and security requirements
- Gather industry knowledge and provide thought leadership on related areas
- Work closely with a cross functional team for defining solution and driving implementation to ensure successful outcome
- Coordinate resolution of issues by engaging support and engineering teams
- Design new solutions and improve current solutions in partnership with the regional and global product team
- Manage project pipeline, prioritization and drive client engagements
- Track progress on implementations and act as first line of support for product related issues
- Stay informed of trends in the payments, technology, business, identifying implications for Visa’s Product & Solutions strategy and our client’s businesses
- Adopt human-centered design thinking around how Visa can improve its customer experience across Visa’s product and solutions sets
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority
- Embrace teamwork while promoting a culture of openness and flexibility
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
• Engineering or Computer Science degree with passion for technology
• 10+ years of overall professional experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience in dealing with business leaders of a financial services institution
• Ability to express complex solutions in a simple way to business teams and in technical details to technology teams.
• Must have hands-on experience on Web technologies and APIs integrations
• Must have experience in using API testing tools
• Must have handled projects of varying sizes as a project manager and be adept at creating project plans
• Must have experience in documenting business requirements as well as drafting solution design documents
• Must have experience of card payments issuing and acquiring
• Knowledge of payment card tokenization technologies preferred
• Knowledge of remittances preferred
• Must have knowledge of PCI DSS and cyber security
• Should have working knowledge of digital currencies
• Should have excellent presentation skills
• Be a self-starter and possess an entrepreneurial mindset
• Have problem-solving attitude
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.