Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As a Senior Manager of Solutions Architecture of our Security Specialist SA team, you’ll lead a group of highly skilled technical Architects that advise and help our customers successfully improve security in the cloud. Your team’s deep domain and industry expertise help meet the most complex solution demands of our customers worldwide. If you enjoy mentoring high performing technical architects, are a problem solver with broad technical skills, and have the ability to drive technical conversations you will enjoy this role.
You will be partnering with other teams within AWS such as account management, service teams, marketing, and professional services, prioritizing your initiatives and aligning goals to maximize long term value. Internally, you will be the voice of the customer, sharing their needs and wants to inform the roadmap of AWS Security Services. You will be interacting directly with customers to better understand their needs and align the right resources and tools to allow them to meet their security goals in cloud.
You will be measuring and delivering results, while staying in touch with the pace of innovation of the AWS technology and its use cases. You will need to be technically capable and credible in your own right as well so that you can shape the customer and solutions-focused initiatives of your team.
You will get to practice your creativity in driving the link of technology to tangible solutions and educating customers about the art of the possible. Central to this will be your ability to lead Solutions Architects in creating cutting edge reference architectures for a variety of use cases.
Key job responsibilities
Coach, mentor and Solutions Architects to help with their professional development. Meet with customers to provide technical and architectural guidance. Own and drive technical field initiatives.
• Technical Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent) or additional relevant technical experience.
• 5+ years technical experience security technologies
• 7+ years experience leading, mentoring and growing teams of technology professionals, ideally in customer facing roles
• 7+ years experience in partnering with Sales Leadership in order to meet or exceed key objectives.
• 5+ years engaging with commercial customers
• Ability to identify priorities for improvement in the business and create plans to address those priorities independently, with little guidance.
• Passion for technology and for learning
• High level of comfort communicating and collaborating effectively across internal and external organizations, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
• Strong influencing skills and negotiation skills
• Practical knowledge of the AWS platform is preferred, but not required.
• AWS certification (e.g., AWS Solutions Architect Associate or Professional) or other industry certification