taketwointeract Take-Two Interactive Software
Take-Two Interactive Software—owner of Rockstar Games and 2K—is a leading developer, publisher, and distributor of creative and inventive interactive entertainment globally.
Who We Are:
Ghost Story Games is a self-publishing game development studio owned by Take-Two Interactive, located in the greater-Boston area. Our studio designed and released award-winning games, such as System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite . We are currently working on our next project and would love for you to be part of our team!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture and 94 percent of employees say their workplace is great.
We are actively looking for an IT Manager with a rich and diverse technical background, who is creative and passionate about IT systems, as well as standardization, optimization, and automation. The IT Manager provides critical support to our studio by ensuring that all systems, software, and hardware function effectively, efficiently, and securely, while providing staff with support and training as necessary for all areas of the IT discipline.
What You’ll Take On:
- Hold end-to-end responsibility for all servers, workstations, network infrastructure and applications. Ensure the stability, performance, and integrity of the studio development environment.
- Responsible for the security of systems, data, and intellectual property, including access control, encryption, security updates and patches.
- Support internal applications, including, but not limited to, Perforce, Confluence and Jira.
- Identify trends and root causes of problems and implement the necessary remediation and process improvement plans.
- Advise and collaborate with production and development team to identify and implement solutions for studio workflow and production requirements.
- Provide on-site and remote technical support and training for all studio staff and external partners.
- Provide budget forecasts and advise studio technical planning decisions.
- Manage relationships with IT vendors / suppliers, external contractors, and corporate IT team to identify and help resolve issues with systems and infrastructure in a satisfactory and timely manner consistent with all company polices and expectations.
- Direct, task, manager and mentor the studio’s desktop support team and IT engineering staff responsible for:
- Day to day support for the development team, including but not limited to, building PC’s, repairing PC, inventories, installation, support and ongoing maintenance of end user workstations and software, meeting and teleconference support.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, system management tools, and hardware, virtualization, and storage related systems.
- Maintain security, backup, offsite replication, and general DR strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time of any task.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of availability for all systems.
- Monitor and resolve alerting issues for all infrastructure systems by participating in rotating on-call schedule.
- Monitor and test system performance for potential bottlenecks and collaborate to drive solutions and implement changes.
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support for studio related assets and domains.
- Understand current and future studio needs and challenges and develop solutions. Stay ahead of industry advancements to help guide the use and implementation of technology standards at Ghost Story Games.
What You Bring:
- Industry experience, at least 3 years working in a similar role with significant depth in infrastructure management. IT experience in software development, the games industry, or other digital media (e.g., animated feature films, motion-picture visual effects, or broadcast media) is a plus. Industry experience with one or more shipped titles is preferred.
- Authoritative with both Windows and Linux (Debian variants preferred), including installing, configuring and problem-solving issues.
- Experience designing, building, and running virtualized and containerized environments (e.g., VMware, Nutanix, Kubernetes).
- Practical networking experience (4-layer model, TCP/IP) including diagnosing, and remediating basic network issues (e.g., firewalls).
- Demonstrable ability to write and debug automation tools and scripts (e.g., PowerShell, shell scripts, Python).
- Experience building and maintaining configuration management solutions (e.g., Puppet, Ansible).
- Development and automation of highly scalable infrastructure in both cloud and on-prem environments using infrastructure-as-code principles.
- Strong ability to learn new technologies, dive into challenges and provide direction to junior engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with software development principles, including version control systems, Agile development methodologies, and automated CI/CD pipelines (e.g., Perforce, Jenkins, Git)
Good To Have:
- Cloud experience, preferably in AWS.
- Knowledge of programming languages C++, C#.
- Experience with the Unreal 4 build and automation tools.
- Experience managing containerized environments (e.g., Kubernetes).
- Splunk experience with searching and dashboards, data ingestion/management, indexing and permissions.
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture . Ranked as one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth. As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, to be inquisitive and collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, company parties, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits . Medical (HSA & FSA), dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, employee stock purchase plan, commuter benefits, in-house wellness program, broad learning & development opportunities, a charitable giving platform with company match and more!
- Perks . Fitness allowance, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries and the ability to earn up to $500+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (“T2”) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, which means we are committed to creating and celebrating diverse thoughts, cultures, and backgrounds throughout our organization. Employment at T2 is based on substantive ability, objective qualifications, and work ethic – not an individual’s race, creed, color, religion, sex or gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, status as a victim of domestic violence or sex offenses, reproductive health decision, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.