Facebook is the largest social media network, enabling over a billion users to openly connect with friends and family, share content, and discover the world.
Reality Labs is dedicated to bringing AR/VR and Wearables products to people around the world. As the Technical Program Manager leader within the Wearables TPM organization, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of TPMs focused on the development and delivery of the wearables portfolio (ranging from smart glasses, to watches, to input modalities). This includes driving development of new technologies, product and software integration and development of the tools and processes necessary for reliable, on-time and high quality launches; and finally, ensuring teams across the organization are on track to deliver on long-term org strategies.The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading large projects across multiple hardware and software teams, experience launching consumer device products, and building and growing an organization of TPMs. You will have a well-rounded technical background, with experience developing consumer devices. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to manage the team, develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
TPM Manager – Wearables Responsibilities:
- Responsible for people management for the organization – hiring, developing and implementing organizational structure, delivering performance reviews, providing continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Work with engineering, product management and cross-functional leadership to define and revise the long-term strategy for the organization.
- Work with the team to develop end-to-end project plans, influence teams to deliver against them, and keep the org and leadership informed on progress.
- Develop durable and enforceable best practices and processes that enable the team to scale and operate efficiently.
- Communicate with authority, clarity and precision to drive alignment with teams and cross-functional partners.
- Identify resourcing and coverage gaps and act quickly to address those gaps.
- Effectively collaborate across the board, build relationships and influence team members to achieve product objectives.
- Work with engineering to ensure what we build has the right balance of cost vs. benefit, and focuses on addressing the highest priority partner team and customer needs.
- 2+ years of experience with building and managing a team of Technical Program/Product Managers.
- 7+ years of overall experience in technical program/product management.
- Experience in growing organizations and developing a team culture.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Communication and interpersonal experience, including relationship building and collaboration within a cross-functional team.
- Knowledge of hardware and software development processes and best practices.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com.