Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company.
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description:This position is for a desktop technician supporting IT
organization accountable for groundwork, installation,
and maintenance of end user workstation equipment
(laptops/ desktops/ servers) and additional
Maintenance and support activities will comprise the
installation of operating systems, resolution of
hardware/OS issues and replacement or re-fresh of
existing computer devices. Working with computer
vendor technical support desks and allied services as
per the organizational procedures. The technician is
involved in the set-up of software and hardware on
various types of operating systems like Windows,
US Citizenship is required for this facility
• Must be able to attain a DoD 8570 IAT Level II or III certifications (e.g., Security+, CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months
• Experience installing, supporting and using various Windows Operating systems
• Experience installing, supporting and using various Linux Operating Systems (e.g., SUSE Linux Enterprise Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS)
• Knowledge of RMF/JSIG security controls and
• Experience working in a teaming/collaborative environment
• Working knowledge of Service Central, CATS, RMS, JITA and other IT tools
• Ability to lift 30 lbs
• Perform troubleshooting and maintenance on varied
OS update tools necessary to install and update
(service packs, patch bundles, etc).
• Manage asset inventory and administration for IT
hardware within their control.
• Responsible for establishing validation process and
creating configuration profile records for each newly
• Validates system security requirements, definition
(s) and analysis comply with installed updates prior
to delivery of asset
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College