- Amazon Delivery Truck Driver ($17.50hr) / Helper ($15.50hr) - Omaha, NE
- Amazon - Front Desk Program Manager for Northwest Center Services - Seattle, WA
- Amazon Account Operator - Saint Petersburg, FL
- Ad Server Solutions Consultant, Amazon Ads - New York City, NY
- Principal Product Manager, Amazon Luna - Seattle, WA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon.com is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, robust technical understanding and the drive and vision to take AWS Data Center Operations to the next level. The incumbent for this role will create sustainable processes and standards; and drive automation opportunities to reduce delivery cycle times and to improve quality without impacting network availability.
The mission of the team is to deliver network capacity on-time with zero rework. This manager will be responsible for a growing a team and will oversee their development and growth. The successful candidate will have experience managing people with varying skillsets, creating, tracking and controlling budgets, devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
The Infrastructure Delivery Manager will manage the implementation and delivery of inbound capacity and equipment. Equipment that comes to the data center will be expected to be deployed in a quickly and efficient manner as well as meet internal standards. In this role the successful candidate will be accountable for the team and related resources for an area within our data center region operating within our Data Center spaces. Ultimately responsible for installing and delivering our network equipment and related infrastructures as well as responsible for driving low voltage structured cabling across the Amazon data center platform.
Our engineers, managers and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of real Cloud Computing.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of experience in data-center technology roles and 3+ years in a management/team lead role
- TCP/IP networking knowledge
- Broad understanding of infrastructure technologies installation and design
- Knowledge of network cabling, optic types, and test equipment, & experience with cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies within a data center-based environment.
- The ideal candidate must have strong project management, organizational and planning skills, as well as stringent time management skills to balance dynamic workloads in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Networking experience and knowledge of structured cabling best practices
- Past experience with building physical Data Center such as copper/fiber cabling, power distribution, data center racking and installation of network hardware, either as a manager or individual contributor
- In-depth hardware architectures knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems
- Greatly developed problem analysis and critical thinking experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior experience with building physical datacenter such as copper/fiber cabling, power distribution, data center racking and installation of network hardware, either as a manager or individual contributor
- Experience developing operational metrics
- Experience contributing to the creation and implementation of high quality, high volume recruiting plans
- Experience representing your team/technical area to senior management
- In-depth knowledge of data center technology (Cabling, Power, Cooling, Hardware)
- Experience in contributing to the definition and implementation of automation opportunities within a deployment/build environment
- Experience in agile management methodologies
- Experience with lean methodologies and Six-Sigma or similar qualification