Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Amazon is looking to hire a highly motivated, best-in-class Entry-Level Rack Decomissioning Technician which is responsible for processing and facilitating large scale legacy Data Center equipment through a liquidation process to ensure that targeted equipment is ready to be removed off premises. Team members will also process large volumes of customer data to ensure that all customer data is sanitized and properly managed.You will work in a team environment and collaborate with other teams, which requires strong communication skills. Amazon Data Centers takes customer data with the utmost importance, and selected candidates must be able to perform repetitive tasks without variance and adhere to strict Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) that ensures customer data is protected and properly handled.
Technician will be allocated in the São Paulo state, however will also provide support to other Data Centers locations when required.
• Decommissioning and processing of legacy hardware out of the data center facilities
• Relocating and moving of large enterprise equipment
• Hard drive/SSD installation, removal and destruction
• Creating/attaching labels and bar codes
• Basic Networking removal/installation and clearing of configurations
• Updating progress through a web ticketing system
• Documenting procedures
• Escalating to senior technicians and management as needed/required
• Work with basic computers components/hardware: HDD/SSD/Flash/Removable storage media, USB/FireWire/E-sata and Ram/CPU/Motherboard/Input-Output devices
• Ongoing Bachelor or Associate degree in IT related fields with a proven minimum experience of 6 months on related areas.
• Able to work with a ticketing prioritization systems
• Able to follow a well-defined technical standard operational procedure (SOP)
• Fluent in Portuguese
• Must exhibit good written and read communication skills in English
• It may require to travel locally and/or internationally
• This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 18Kg; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines
• Entry-level experience with Linux, Unix or similar OS.
• Highly organized and able to follow procedures to accomplish tasks.
• Familiarity with Data Center or mission critical environment
• Self-starter who is excited about technology