State Street is a leading provider of financial services to institutional investors around the world.
Automation / Artificial Intelligence – Process Engineering Solution Analyst, AVP
Who we are looking for:
This is a position in Global Automation / Artificial Intelligence (A/AI) – Process Engineering Team, our primary objective is to drive A/AI efforts across STT’s processes and functions; partner with business and technology teams to design and implement transformational A/AI across people, process and technology.
As a member of the Global A/AI Process Engineering Team, the incumbent will partner with stakeholders across different business teams & regions, to identify opportunities & work with business units and various other stakeholders to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of their processes, using levers such as Robotic Process Automation. ML, Workflow and Artificial Intelligence.
What you will be responsible for:
As an AVP – A/AI Process Engineering Solution Analyst will:
- Lead and partner with the business and technology leads to identify automation opportunities
- Anchor and/or support all phases and aspects of opportunity identification, such as data & requirements gathering, (e.g., user stories) baselining, root cause analysis, quantitative and qualitative analysis, data modeling & future state designs
- Drive and support the rollout & deployment of “self-service” technology platforms
- Analyze opportunities identified and create artifacts such current state process maps using BPMN notations and business requirements documents: Ensure processes, and variant behaviors, are fully discovered during capture sessions with subject matter experts by leading process capture sessions, selecting approach and methods (Lean SIPOC, etc.), and facilitating Q&A
- Create MVPs; act as a liaison between the business and technology to assess feasibility and drive the automation strategy, to include all aspects of automation, AI and ML.
- Conduct core project management activities including facilitating meetings, interviewing stakeholders, hosting workshops, documenting findings, creating stakeholder presentations
- Create materials required to support future state execution (e.g.: detailed process flow diagrams, job aids, POC’s etc.)
- Develop an in-depth understanding of business processes, functions, teams, incumbent technology
- Identify what’s standard vs. bespoke, and what drives value for clients
- Partner with technology leads to design an end-state that relies on the latest automation offerings
- Enable detailed evaluation of proposed automations / changes by creating business case details, cost vs. benefits, ROI, tradeoffs etc.
- Ensure the team has the highest likelihood of success, and all risks are managed by demonstrating consistent and proactive ownership of assigned responsibilities for standard work products, version control, model lifecycle, and Quality Control
- Work as a member of a global team – provide status, communicate issues and share ideas
- Support and mentor a global team of Process Analysts; expand the team’s ability to capture and express change in business services by researching and evaluating new analytical tools (TBD)
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Experience with re-engineering/lean/automation transformation; End-to-end journeys at scale, using multiple process improvement levers/ technologies
- Being comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work well with teams, particularly ones that span different reporting lines, cut across multiple functions and geographies
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to multitask and work under high pressure deadlines
- Ability to reprioritize quickly
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Business Consulting experience leading small to medium-scale implementation programs in consulting or financial services industry
- Process Engineering – Workflow, AI & Process Automation experience (from current state thru target state and implantation)
- 8+ years of experience
- Knowledge of one or more automation technologies and/or a master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Ability to build stakeholder networks, effective collaboration and partnership capabilities and ability to influence at all levels of the organization
- Very strong organizational skills, ability to meet deadlines and proven experience in working with large cross functional teams will be a plus
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.