To efficiently process payroll, billing, and account payable.
- Prepare weekly payroll, and process any necessary adjustments, bonus, or retro pay-outs.
- Prepare, validate and send invoices to clients according to Contracts on file and documentation received from departments.
- Check and issue billing adjustments to customers.
- Perform weekly, bi monthly and monthly closing
- Review daily billing transactions and work with department management to maintain accuracy
- Account Receivables are followed up and information gathered for manager intervention.
- Coordinate with accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Maintain clean record of Airport fees billed and paid
- Account Payables are processed in a timely manner and allocated to the proper cost center and GL accounts
- Record and report monthly accruals and process cross charges for month end closing.
- Review and process expense reports and rush check requests.
- Assist in monthly P & L reconciliation, variance analysis and provide feedback for P&L related inquires.
- Provide excellent customer service internally and externally by courteously receiving telephone calls and providing feedback in a timely fashion.
- Support all departments ensuring compliance with standardized times for processing and ensure efficient and effective communications to Department Manager.
- Order Supplies as needed
- Accurately transcribe, type, format, and proof read a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using Microsoft office.
- Handle confidential information and maintain the security records and files.
- Assist in any other Admin functions as needed
Qualifications and Competencies
Up to 2 years of experience in a similar position
Ability to comply with deadlines
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
Lawson, Findnet and Damarel experience is a plus
Degree in Accounting is a plus
Ability to work under pressure
Self-driven, enthusiastic, organized and team player
Have excellent verbal and written communication skill
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International AG, on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 282 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.8 million tons of air cargo at 115 warehouses world-wide. With a workforce of some 66,000 the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 310 airports in 49 countries on six continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fueling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience.”
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 03:56:44 GMT