- Customer Care Representative - Bishopstoke, Hampshire
- Assistant Financial Accountant - Bishopstoke, Hampshire
- SAP Analyst - Bishopstoke, Hampshire
- Placement Student - Finance - Bishopstoke, Hampshire
- Placement Student - Marketing - Bishopstoke, Hampshire
Reporting to the Senior Controller for the HV, PD, Industrial & NWC businesses, this role is responsible for the financial control and business finance reporting of the High Voltage Business Unit. The Business Unit comprises of a manufacturing Plant, installation business and a high voltage test laboratory.
- Monthly Business Unit accounts to include a Pre Flash report, a Flash report, an actual result, a rolling forecast and full variance analysis.
- An annual ‘bottom up’ budget for the Business Unit (Management Plan) to include full explanation of year on year variances and slides for Management presentation.
- Monthly contract reviews.
- Ad hoc reports and analysis in support of business activities.
All deliverables to be within the timetable/timescales/deadlines specified.
- Effective business partnering with the HV BU team – providing financial support, analysis and advice in order to enhance business decisions.
- To closely manage and control the financial status of orders/contracts/projects – ensuring full financial control over all aspects of these as well as accurate financial reporting.
- To ensure proper compliance with internal procedure and controls (S262 plus all other relevant internal procedures [DOA/HV procedures]).
- The review of major tenders – to minimise/mitigate financial risk.
- To financially manage major installation projects through the monthly contract review process, chairing the monthly meeting and taking appropriate action to mitigate financial risks.
- Measurement of revenue recognition – compliant with relevant accounting standards – taking appropriate judgement in any given circumstances and recommending action to be taken.
- Management of the net working capital (NWC) utilised – ensuring NWC is minimalised – and ensuring that reporting of balance sheet is compliant with relevant accounting standards.
- Supporting the BU in claims situations, providing the necessary financial support required.
- To exercise financial control over business overheads through the preparation of a bottom-up budget and regular reporting of actual spend assessing the appropriateness of overhead charge-out rates.
- Preparation and financial control of charge out rates utilised for tenders – for people and equipment – ensuring they are fully reviewed and authorised for use, they are robust enough to withstand scrutiny in a claims situation and they are appropriate for using in tender pricing.
- To work with the plant controller, to ensure that appropriate financial control and reporting of the manufacturing activity.
- To work with the relevant personnel to ensure appropriate financial control, compliance and reporting over all other BU areas (HV Test Lab/Streetlighting, ENS business etc.).
- Liaise with the auditors (external & internal) to satisfy audit requirements, demonstrate judgements taken are appropriate and that accounting is correct.
- The management of one member of staff (placement student).
- Appropriate Ad hoc financial reporting and analysis.
Applicants will be professionally qualified accountants with previous post qualification experience gained ideally in both a project and a manufacturing accounting environment. You will be a confident, self-motivated team player and you will possess excellent communication and influencing skills, together with strong organisational ability. A flexible approach will also be required in order to meet demanding deadlines.
A good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel is essential. Experience of SAP or a similar ERP system will be of significant benefit.
This role is based in our offices near the Eastleigh town centre. The address is Prysmian Cables & Systems Limited, Chickenhall Lane, Eastleigh, SO50 6YU. There are good transport links to Eastleigh and the site is approximately 15 minutes walk from the railway station. We are able to offer free car parking next to our offices.
Prysmian Group, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, aims to attract and recruit individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills and abilities, who will enhance the quality of service and contribute to the Group’s success. Prysmian Group is committed to the development of an organization that prioritizes talent, where people feel respected, appreciated and free to fully express their human potential. Prysmian Group strongly believes that diversity drives meritocracy and brings significant value at all levels of the organization, increases the possibility of capturing market opportunities and maximizing value for our customers and shareholders. Prysmian Group bases its decisions on principles of equality, with evaluations based on the type of position and with a focus on best practices so individuals succeed based on their efforts and skills and their alignment with applicable job requirements.
Line Managers, Hiring Managers, HR Corporate and HR Local are responsible for ensuring that diversity and inclusion are respected during the recruiting process. Unconscious bias and stereotypes must not influence our selection processes. We look for the best candidates and for the real value they can bring into the organization. We value meritocracy. We value diversity. We turn off our bias. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, military service and veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Prysmian will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Your application data will be treated according to our Data Protection Policy. If you believe you require assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:29:32 GMT