- Emergency Services Clinician- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham - Needham, MA
- Emergency Services Clinician-Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital - Needham - Needham, MA
- Medical Assistant - Bowdoin Street Health Center - Boston, MA
- Physician Hospitalist - Lahey Hospital and Medical Center - Burlington, MA
- Physician Hospitalist - Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Burlington MA - Burlington, MA
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Job Summary: Provides administrative support to physicians in their clinical practice, academic and research roles.
- Answers and screens telephone calls. Takes accurate messages or directs the call to the appropriate person. Greets and directs patients, families, visitors, and staff. Responds to requests in a timely manner and provides clear, accurate information within the scope of knowledge and authority.
- Updates patient demographic and insurance information as necessary and obtains specialist referrals for all patient appointments. Schedules patient appointments utilizing scheduling tools and resources. Coordinates and communicates ancillary appointments and procedures working with other hospital staff as needed.
- Obtains patient information and materials as needed from referral sources. Prepares patient records for clinical activities and maintains patient records for physicians. Acts as liaison with other departments and external customers in a calm and supportive manner. Handles confidential information appropriately and explains policies and procedures when necessary.
- Collects co-payments from patients at point-of-service. Coordinates billing tickets for office visits and services following established procedures. Forwards all billing fee tickets according to the protocol to billing staff. Reconciles collections at the end of the business day per established protocol.
- Maintains physicians’ clinical and administrative schedules and calendars. Types correspondence, manuscripts and/or other documents. Transcribes letters and patient notes as needed for physicians and facilitates in clinical computer systems. Prepares and distributes routine reports.
Required Qualifications: * High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s degree preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
Preferred Qualifications: * Healthcare experience.
Competencies: * Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
The Needham Cancer Center is an integrated center that includes Hematology/Oncology, Radiation Oncology and Specialties.
The Administrative Assistant will support Radiation Oncology and is an essential part of the care team serving as the primary point of contact for patients and our providers. Key responsibilities include, scheduling patients and coordinating patient care with team, checking patient in/out of clinic, managing clinical templates, obtaining referrals and authorizations for visits as needed. As part of the integrated cancer center team, Radiation Oncology Admin will be part of the supportive team collaborating together to ensure patient care is met throughout the center.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational and communication skills and have a willingness to work with our cancer patient population.
A positive, team-oriented attitude is a must
Admin/Clinical & Non Clinical
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Hours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
Job date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 00:29:21 GMT