- Planning Manager - London
- Global Data & Tech Strategy Director London, England - London
- Media Planning Manager London, England - London
- Account Director (Live Planning) - 8-Month FTC Hybrid Remote, London, England - London
- Procurement Manager, Technology - London
YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We respect and trust each other, and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 15 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviours. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East, India and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
YouGov Activation is a new business unit, acting with a start-up mentality under the YouGov PLC umbrella.
We sell solutions to advertisers and their agencies to super-charge their campaigns, using Audience data for targeting and a unique and powerful ad unit, FreeWall.
The team is based in London and India but operates globally.
See the relevant pages of the YouGov website:
As a Sales Account Manager at YouGov, your core objective is to drive sales from new business and existing accounts for the Activation team. Reporting into the head of the business unit, you will be the day-to-day commercial lead across a range of media agencies and brands, including:
- Existing or lapsed Activation clients
- Existing YouGov research and data products clients
- Cold prospects.
What will I be doing day to day?
- Selling YouGov Activation solutions:
- Audience Data
- Media – our unique FreeWall advertising.
- Managing the whole sales funnel from sourcing leads, creating, and managing a pipeline of opportunities, pitching, and negotiating deals
- Generating leads through: proactive prospecting, cold calling, networking and working with in-house client management teams
- Building excellent relationships with clients to ensure long standing and successful partnerships
- Creating compelling collateral for client meetings, websites and, social media
- Educating and updating internal sales and account management teams on YouGov Activation and latest developments
- Networking through attending conferences (domestic and international) and seminars
- Day to account management from pre to post sale (with the support of the platform & tech teams)
What do I need to bring with me?
This is a new business unit within the wider PLC – behaving more like growing start-up. This means the successful candidate will need to bring:
- A start-up mentality: resourceful, ambitious, agile, willing to roll sleeves up and get stuck in
- Team spirit – YouGov Activation is a small team (currently 13 growing to 18 this year) delivering a big ambition, being able to work well as part of a team is essential
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Energy – drive to get things done at pace
- Excellent stakeholder management
- At least 18 months sales experience, ideally having trained in a sales technique such as SPIN, Sandler, or Challenger
- A track record of achieving sales against target
- Ideally, a good understanding of media buying and planning operations (but that is not essential, we can teach ad tech, the right attitude and approach is more important)
We offer some brilliant benefits and perks at YouGov, some of which include:
- 25 days holiday, plus 1 extra day off for your birthday
- LinkedIn Learning – we are big on learning, so all YouGovers have first-hand access to the vast number of courses available on the platform
- Pension Scheme contributions from YouGov.
- Free Breakfast and a weekly internal drinks and networking opportunity
- Awesome career opportunities within the Activation business and the wider YouGov PLC.
To find out how we collect and use your personal data when you apply for a role at YouGov, please read our privacy notice at
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:51:27 GMT