Full time Accounts Assistant needed for a genuinely lovely and friendly company in Witney.
Reporting to the Finance Manager:
- Day to day management of all payments including: processing invoices, ensuring all invoices and creating commission invoices where required.
- Compile and process weekly payment run to suppliers/refunds to clients/ general bill payments/agent commission invoices.
- Sending payment advice emails to all suppliers/operators on completion of payment run.
- Assisting Finance Manager with ad hoc tasks as required.
- Day to day management of bank accounts (various currencies) including processing any outgoing payments promptly, dealing with any queries on Bankline.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts on a weekly basis
- Reconciliation of credit card statements, processing of expenses.
- Assisting Sales consultants and directors when required in dealing with any queries
- Take ownership of month end reporting, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing account lines for reasonableness, and allowing a full close of the management accounts each month.
- Assist with preparing and compiling information for the external accountants to prepare statutory accounts.
- General management of all bookings on the system, having a good overview of where each booking stands.
When required but not part of day to day role (to assist over holiday leave or busy periods):
- Cash flow reporting.
- Processing card payments, management of credit card facility.
- Once payments are received, processing booking statements and sending confirmation emails to clients and updating the system as required.
- Credit control for all bookings, sending balance reminders, chasing when overdue.
- Security Deposit management
Skills and Experience required
- Experience in a similar role is preferable.
- AAT or Junior level CIMA qualified/Part qualified would be desirable.
- You must have the ability to be able to get to grip with systems quickly.
- Working understanding of XEROis preferred.
- Previous experience using SalesForce would be useful but not essential.
- You must have the ability to build strong working relationships and have a friendly, approachable and professional manner.
- Excellent communication skills with a willingness to go that extra mile.
- Good working of Microsoft O365 in particular, intermediate to advanced excel skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritise effectively and good time management skills.
- Good attention to detail.
To find out more or to apply contact Nicole on 01926 830998 or email Nicole@brellisrecruitment.co.uk
Expected salary: £25000 per year GBP
Job date: Sat, 17 Sep 2022 22:40:44 GMT