Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
As a Program Manager, you will focus on our customer’s experience and build a relationship starting from the customer and working backwards through the support organisation and into the engineering teams. You will need to establish Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and focus on Operational Excellence to improve the reliability, availability and quality for the services utilized by customers. A successful candidate will have experience operating in high-pressure situations, a proven ability to handle multiple priorities and possess a high level of discipline while remaining flexible. He / she should be able to:
• Drive adoption of existing IT Service Management methodology for Amazon OpsTech IT.
• Migrate current state technologies into an IT Service/ Product framework.
• Bridge Operations Technology Services to the customer.
• Engage with customers across all business lines by identifying key stakeholders and establish a
• Partnership with OpsTech IT.
• Where necessary, define KPIs for the team.
• Drive continuous improvement of defined KPI’s, increase customer satisfaction and Operational Excellence year over year.
• Identify areas of improvement and drive initiatives to address failures in systems and/or process with a networking focus.
• Interact with management and staff to provide analytical and technical assistance for continuous support and improvement of IT solutions.
• Represent the broader team to communicate complex analysis and insights to stakeholders, both verbally and in writing.
Key job responsibilities
Role responsibilities include:
• Deep Dive and Advanced Analytics Identify, develop, manage, and execute analysis to uncover areas of opportunity and present written business recommendations that will help shape the direction of the business
• Understand trends related to Amazon business and recommend strategies to stakeholders to drive business growth by providing key insights, using statistical rigor. Build trust by responding with urgency to high-priority requests
• Metrics and Reports – Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analysis, dashboards, etc. to drive key business choices. Ensure data accuracy by validating data for new and existing tools.
• Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon’s data resources and know how, when, and which to use and which not to use
• The ideal candidate actively seeks to understand Amazon’s core business values and initiatives, and translates those into everyday practices.
• 5+ years experience in program or project management
• Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
• 7+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or Technical discipline with Masters in Analytics/Business Intelligence/Statistics preferable
• Exposure to data mining tools like SQL, SAS, SPSS, or R
• A solid understanding of networking, server and desktop technology, and proven methods on providing innovative solutions to customers
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to connect with a diverse set of customers or prior experience in managing engineering or technical teams
• Strong technical acumen, including the ability to understand the customer or partner IT landscape, identify opportunities and overcome any technical obstacles
• An ability to think creatively and apply strong problem solving skills, driving issues to resolution.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent written and oral communication skills
• Service Management understanding and/or certification
• Lean, Six Sigma certified and a good understanding of value-stream mapping
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.