From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology worldwide.
What will you do?
Siemens Mobility IT is seeking an energetic and service-focused bilingual (English and French) System/Network Administration professional supporting Siemens Mobility Canada. If you champion IT tools, systems, and processes in various IT areas, thrive under pressure, enjoy solving problems, love working your way through challenges, and get bored with mundane IT tasks, then this role is for you. The System/Network Administration position is a unique role on the front lines of our burgeoning presence in the Canadian rail market.
Providing excellent support to users with varying degrees of IT proficiency should be a challenge this person seeks to thrive on. Our business supports customers and their railway safety-critical operations, and this IT position holder is a central ingredient to this success. This IT role’s focus is to ensure the business users can carry on their work stably, effectively, and with as minimal disruption as possible.
What will you need to succeed?
- Monitor SMO Canada IT infrastructure, servers, and services and ensure alerts are addressed and resolved. Document SMO Canada IT systems & processes. Report to management on recurring monitoring alerts.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate automation processes: Building and installing the new employee workstations, onboarding tutorials.
- Ensure existing workplace IT solutions are used effectively and keep apprised of new technology relevant to the business.
- Establish and maintain application-focused Key-User communities and provide them with necessary access, support, and guidance in the IT environment
- Provide training on IT-supported offerings to increase user competence and act as a bi-directional communication channel to end-users
- Complete understanding and communication to end-users of Complaint and Escalation management (ticket closures) with the goal of end-user satisfaction
- Provide end-user support across business-specific application, network, server, mobile device, and digital workplace platforms.
- Facilitate business-specific training on IT related topics in coordination with SMO IT and Siemens IT for new MS Office 365 and other collaboration tools
- Provide second level support (hardware and software) for all SMO Canada IT services and servers to all users on-site and remotely
- Collect incidents, categorize, analyze, and solve technical problems to avoid disruptions
- Education: Bachelor of Science in IT or proven experience for this Career profile
- Proficient use and understanding of IT ticket handling and sound knowledge of MS365 and related products is a must
- Excellent knowledge of Windows 10, Windows Server 2012/2016 and Office/Microsoft 365 platforms (SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams), MCSA or MCP certification is an asset
- Strong Networking knowledge (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, WAN, LAN, WiFi, VPN, Firewalls)
- Ability to work flexible hours, weekends when needed
- A plus is a proficiency in the Microsoft Power Platform (Power Automate, Power Apps, Power BI, etc.). Knowledge of Active Directory & Azure AD in addition to scripting and automation tools
- Experience with virtualization VMware / Microsoft Hyper-V virtualization
- Knowledge in Cisco VoIP telephony, Cisco Networking technology (Cisco certification is an asset)
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Freedom and a healthy work-life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast-evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs locally and globally.
• Competitive total rewards package.
• Profit sharing available.
• Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology, sustaining communities, and making a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events, and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
• Employee perks and discounts.
• Diversity and inclusivity focused.
We are proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2018, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2020, and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2021.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.