From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
At Siemens we are always challengingourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative anddiverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more aboutthe Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
IT Applications Release Manager
Siemens Digital Industries Software is currently seeking a Salesforce Release Managerwho will be based in the United States (Locations: Plano, TX; St. Louis, MO; Wilsonville OR or Cincinnati, OH).
TheSalesforce Release Manager is responsible for Facilitaterelease activities across all Salesforce Development and Administrator teams,ensuring quality and timely deployments across environments as well as identifyingrisks during code conflict, merging and make sure to deploy quality code inproduction and should conduct release reviews, should take a decision on GoLiveof business requirement.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Collaboration and Coordination: Communicate with different Project Teams and Functional Release Managers to understand the demand, prepare landscape, and sandbox setup proposal. Providing leadership, control and take responsibility for the given area and manage and coordinate the deployment process.
- Define and manage change control process for development and release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment
- Accounting for any dependencies and risks along the way; identify issues and perform root-cause analysis to ensure they are not repeated.
- Facilitate release activities across all Salesforce Development and Administrator teams, ensuring quality and timely deployments across environments
- Work with Salesforce Development Team(s) to maintain allowed Test coverage in salesforce and resolve all the Deployment errors.
- Monitor all lower environments (Salesforce Sandboxes) for release process / creating and synchronizing sandbox metadata and appropriate data sets
- Validate Post Release Activities /Track release metrics to improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders and Teams
- Work with Salesforce Support Team – Coordinate Salesforce Release Calls, and Support Activities
- Should have strong understanding of deployments using Force.com migration tools (Copado, Salesforce Tools IDE, GITHub, and Version Control)
- Perform and Support on Salesforce Administration Activities
- Responsible for maintaining consistency between Salesforce sandbox environments, from Development through SIT, UAT and Production.
- Host weekly (and adhoc) calls with internal business admins, internal development teams, and Salesforce Support to plan and prepare all production facing releases. Perform as primary liaison between IT and internal & external Audit teams to provide any and all information requests.
- Salesforce Platform Knowledge: He/She must be proficient in Salesforce platforms features, must know how to package and deploy metadata components, knowledge on release branching strategies, code merging and should have worked on conflict resolution strategies. experience on git commands.
Required Knowledge/Skills,Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- 4+ years of Salesforce deployment experience
- 1+ years of experience with CICD
- Knowledge of git, bamboo, Jenkins and ant
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
Preferred Knowledge/Skills,Education, and Experience
- Salesforce certifications
- Experience with Copado
- SFDC Apex development
- Salesforce configurations
- SFDX / Scratch Org experience
Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.