- Solution Sales Specialist - London
- Sales Specialist - Patient Data - London
- Director, Consulting, UK&I Healthcare & Government - London
- Project Manager - London
- IT Internal Auditor - London
Associate Director, European Key Account Management, Ethical
Contract type: Permanent
The recent merger of Quintiles and IMS has created a dynamic company with a diverse portfolio, which is dedicated to helping its clients improve their clinical, scientific and commercial results. With approximately 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) is in a truly unique position to be able to support companies seeking to improve real-world patient outcomes and enhanced clinical trial outsourcing through treatment innovations, care provision and access. With a broad range of healthcare information, technology and service offerings, IQVIA provide solutions that span clinical to commercial, bringing clients an exceptional opportunity to realize the full potential of innovations and advance healthcare outcomes.
The UKI business is at an exciting time continuing the transition from an established data provider in the healthcare industry, to partnering with our clients in order to provide end to end solutions that significantly add value to their business. We do this through our deep understanding of the industry and developing intimate knowledge of our clients.
We consequently have an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to join the UKI business in the role of Associate Director, European Key Account Management.
A successful European Key Account Manager within IQVIA will lead new, and thought provoking discussions to challenge status quo and ultimately provide innovative solutions that address our clients’ key business challenges.
They must have a good appreciation of the IQVIA offerings and strong internal network to pull end to end solutions together. Increasingly these engagements should be larger, more complex and longer term to underpin the relationship and value we bring to our clients.
The IQVIA capabilities include, but are not limited to: Business Intelligence Data, Analytic Platforms/Outsourcing, Technology & Applications (e.g. dashboards, social media, integrated cloud CRM/MCM/CLM), Global Services, Real World Insights, Consulting Services and Integrated Engagement Services.
Two large headquarter based healthcare companies. Total EMEA existing portfolio value circa $49m with HQ revenues circa $11m.
- Lead Business Development and Account Management across the IQVIA portfolio within designated clients, primarily at the UK HQ, delivering revenue targets in line with the IQVIA Global, EMEA and UK strategy
- Engage and build strong relationships with senior executives and strategic leaders in the client organization
- Co-ordinate sales, business & service activities at a regional and country level ensuring a shared vision and client engagement strategy
- Collaborate with IQVIA colleagues across the organization to ensure they are engaged and aligned to the account strategy, supporting new business opportunities across complex, multi-faceted solutions
- Effective execution of solutions against client needs and IQVIA revenue targets
- Gain intimate knowledge of the client and challenge with innovative ideas in order to develop and close opportunities, to provide end-to-end solutions, thus growing the size/duration/value of sales over time
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the healthcare industry to maximize value offered to clients by providing industry-wide insights
- Develop a good understanding of the breadth of IQVIA capabilities to maximize ability to grow accounts
- Ensure clients are getting maximum value from existing services to which they subscribe, by liaising with the client to agree and define requirements
- Conduct regular business and service reviews with clients and internal teams with the aim of driving client satisfaction to underpin propensity for repeat, up-sell opportunities and positive referrals
- Coach junior members of the Business Development and Account Management team
- Methodical completion of underpinning operational sales activities (Including account planning, financial reporting, opportunity management)
Education, skills and experience required
- Graduate calibre
- Previous experience of account management of clients $10m+
- Proven track record of solution selling across a diverse portfolio of capabilities
- Strong sales and opportunity management skills across the full sales cycle (from lead identification to contract negotiations and closing)
- Ability to engage board level contacts, as well as develop a network of senior and middle management contacts to build long lasting trusted partnerships
- Proven track record of managing a balanced pipeline of both short term tactical opportunities and long term strategic engagements. Sales value of $250k+ single and multi-year
- Strategic thinker with a solution focus, combined with ability to execute tactically
- Ability to develop strong internal relationships and to work collaboratively to pull together client engagements and delivery of projects
- Ability to create strategic and tactical customer plans
- Strong understanding of financial reporting/forecasting and sales opportunity management
- Knowledge of the healthcare sector or evidence of successfully moving into a new market sector.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, to deliver professional client communications including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven ability to interpret and present complex concepts
- Proactive, self-motivated and accountable with the aim to always drive positive client satisfaction
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. Learn more at
Job date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 03:19:35 GMT