We are looking for an enthusiastic Account Manager to join our Enterprise and SABIC media team. The Account Manager will work closely with the Group Account Director in all aspects of managing the day to day running of the account, including central strategic planning and activation (with a strong focus on digital), alongside coordination of local planning, activation and reporting across 9 key global markets for Sabic and 4 key European markets for Enterprise.
You will be managing multiple pan-regional and local campaigns a year so strong project management skills are key for this role. You will have the ability to quickly establish credible relationships and position UM as a valued agency partner. You will be able to work effectively as part of a cross-functional team with other agencies in the IPG network to ensure cohesive client service across the account.
Client and Account Management:
- Manage and be the guardian of the media plans and budgets, reporting to the Group Account Director with the support of an Account Executive.
- Lead on planning, activation and reporting for centrally-managed activity with key global media partners.
- Work closely with local UM teams on the planning and management of local campaigns.
- Support with campaign briefing – providing comments on target, channel, budget, and timeline.
- Advise local market teams to ensure their media plans comply with the central brief and strategy. Be able to confidently challenge and question assumptions and recommendations that have been made to ensure the best possible delivery for the client.
- Ensure standard processes are followed across markets, and continually develop improved ways of working to ensure the smooth running of the account.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients and agency teams.
- Ensure work delivered to the client is of the highest standard; review all key documents and presentations prior to distribution.
- Be an active contributor, presenting in client and agency meetings.
- Develop close relationships with clients, agency partners and suppliers.
- Work with the team to create effective and innovative pan-regional campaigns, championing innovative media solutions and pushing the boundaries of conventional communication thinking in every media plan.
Leadership & Management
- Manage an Account Executive, ensuring operational excellence across the account while supporting them with opportunities for continued learning and career growth
- Work with the Group Account Director to identify opportunities for organic growth via incremental revenue
- Inspire the team, leading by example, providing clear direction, feedback and support
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience working agency-side in an international or local media agency role.
- Proven track record working on international coordination, both in European and other global markets.
- Strong digital knowledge, both across planning and activation.
- Strong Excel skills and experience building media plans.
- Capable of delivering insightful documents (planning through to PCAs).
- Presentation skills; must be able to present to senior-level clients and peers.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Comfortable working with corporate clients.
- Exceptional organisation.
- Eye for detail.
- Self-driven requires little management input.
A full-service media agency, UM strives to use Better Science and Art to create moments that drive business momentum for brands. Founded in 1999, UM is made up of entrepreneurially minded planners, researchers, investment experts, decision scientists, account executives, and content and activation specialistsover 4,800 employees across 130 offices in over 100 countries around the world. They are globally headquartered in New York, with six additional North American offices in Dallas, Detroit, Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, and Toronto.
UMs culture is an inclusive one, where people are encouraged to bring their full selves to the office, and where personal and professional growth are a priority of every member of the team. The executive leadership team is dedicated to building a culture that permeates every element of the company, from work flexibility, to career planning and regular talent reviews, to an active culture club. We proudly uphold the following values:
Courage: having the courage to try the things that make us afraid, present something to a client that we know isnt what they are expecting, taking on roles that we may be a bit intimidated by, inventing the future, etc.
Candor: pushing ourselves to have the hard conversations with colleagues, team members, clients and media partners that will make us all better.
Curiosity: being curious about the world, media, our clients, and each other and using this curiosity to find new and innovate ways of doing everything we do.
Commitment: being committed to UM, our teams, and our clients and going above and beyond when it is required.
Community: being an active and positive participant in the UM community, our team and client communities, our local community, and the world and creating valued communities with the people, clients, and partners that we work with.
Caring: caring about those around usboth their work lives as well as their personal lives and working to make everyone have as complete and fulfilling a life as possible.
As a company, we are constantly pushing ourselves to improve, under our Better Science, Better Art, Better Outcomes banner, striving to set the bar in the ever-evolving media landscape. Key clients include American Express, Quicken Loans, J&J, Sony, Hulu, Coca-Cola, Hersheys, Spotify, ExxonMobil, and BMW, to name a few.
At Mediabrands and Kinesso, we celebrate difference and believe this makes us stronger. Mediabrands and Kinesso are equal opportunity employers and committed to championing an inclusive culture that provides a sense of belonging for all our employees. We do not discriminate against any applicant based on age, disability, race, colour, ethnicity, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, belief, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need any adjustments to ensure our recruitment process is fully accessible to you, then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Job date: Fri, 09 Sep 2022 06:05:10 GMT