- Service Plumber - Manassas, VA
- Residential Service Electrician - Manassas, VA
- Sewer Installer - Manassas, VA
- HVAC Service Technician - Manassas, VA
- Directional Drilling Operator - Manassas, VA
My Plumber Plus
My Plumber Plus, the industry leader in Home Services in the DMV, is seeking an Experienced Accounts Payable Specialist
My Plumber Plus operates across Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland. We are the industry leader in the area and are proud to be serving customers since 1981! 30% of our staff has been with us 10 years or more! We are a family, and our employees love all the perks of working here. We have seasonal tickets to Nationals and Capitals games as well as tickets to all the events at Jiffy Lube live. Our employees love our annual crab feast! We want you to join our winning team and help us continue to grow and expand!
What can My Plumber Plus do for you?
- Provide stability – over 30% of their staff has been employed 10 years or longer.
- They’ve been in business for 40 years and have 5-star reviews.
- They have a great benefits package (see full list below).
- They are a family-owned company with a fun, professional and caring management team.
- They are growing and so are the opportunities for advancement.
- They provide ongoing training and professional development.
- They have box seats to the Nat’s, Caps and Jiffy Lube Live for employees to enjoy!
- Team events and an Annual Crab Feast for employees and their families.
- Pride in working for a company that makes a difference in the community and always does right by the customer.
- Culture of continuous improvement including use of latest technology platforms in the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The essential functions are:
- Accounts payable invoice verification / timely entry /payment/ monthly reconciliation of all locations.
- Invoicing and purchase orders
- Credit Card receipt entry with monthly reconciliation to statement for items that did not clear for month end. (All locations).
- Reconciliation of vendor statements, including credit research and verification.
- Reconciliation of all benefits bills
- Process customer refunds weekly. Check for reason for refund.
- Assemble, review and verify individual check request
- Assist with auto insurance investigations / Safety Meetings.
- Go between with insurance companies. Submit insurance Claims for vehicle accidents plus damages to vehicles or job site damages. Follow up as needed.
- Maintain subcontractor records. Make sure paperwork stays up to date – get forms filled out for new subs. (All locations).
- Pay monthly sales tax as needed for VA and MD
- Review / Process customer refunds for VA, MD and CA. – Keep Spreadsheet
- W-9 and COI requests as needed
- Back up for A/R on credit card and check reconciliation and exporting into QuickBooks.
- Reconciliation of accounts between entities. (Weekly and Monthly)
- Employee reimbursements
- Tool Account review
- End of month accounting closing items
- Process of technician paperwork, if needed.
- Produce monthly reports
- Assist with month end closing
- Provide supporting documentation for audits
- Maintain accurate historical records
- Maintain confidentiality of organizational information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Accounts Payable Skills and Competencies:
- Quickbooks experience is preferred
- Organizing and prioritizing
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Team work
- Professional integrity
- Ability to meet deadlines
Oversee accountability of accounts payable and purchasing processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This individual must be willing to pursue and actually participate in continuing education.
Must be able to successfully complete mathematical aptitude evaluation.
Must be capable of applying sound business judgment to all decisions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly requires sitting, for prolonged periods of time.
The employee must have a full range of body movements including the use of hands feet and fingers to handle or feel objects and must be capable of bending, reaching, and crouching.
Must have command of all five senses sight, hearing, touch, smell and taste. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust and focus. Must hear and speak well enough to conduct business over the telephone for long periods of time.
Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
This position will require working indoors. The employee may be called upon to be in customer or service production sites on an as need to basis. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Typical workweek is eight (8) to ten (10) hour workdays five (5) days per week.
This position deals with aggressive personalities in a highly competitive industry and will be stressful.
Powered by JazzHR
Job date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 05:04:32 GMT