- BENEFITS SPECIALIST-HYBRID - Lynnfield, MA
- Strategic Sourcing Intern - Lynnfield, MA
- PROCUREMENT COORDINATOR-HYBRID - Lynnfield, MA
- SENIOR SAP PI/PO/ABAP DEVELOPER-(Hybrid) - Lynnfield, MA
- RETAIL MEDIA STRATEGIST - Lynnfield, MA
Are you a self-driven person looking to advance your career as a high-impact player on a team? If so, we have an exciting challenge for you and your future!
At HP Hood, we celebrate our differences. Our diversity of people, backgrounds, experiences, thoughts and perspectives are fostered to create an inclusive work environment. We are at our best when we respect and value each other – One Team, One Company!
Our culture is built on value commitments to innovation, quality, results, integrity, community, people, and collaboration that fosters a strong employee engagement, teamwork, safety and wellness.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, wellness programs, employee discounts, 401k matches, tuition reimbursement, ongoing development, advancement opportunities and more. This position is also eligible for our bonus program.
Founded in 1846, today HP Hood is one of the largest and most trusted food and beverage manufacturers in the United States. Our portfolio of national and super-regional brands and licensed products includes Hood, Heluva Good, Lactaid, Blue Diamond Almond Breeze, Planet Oat, Hershey’s Milk & Milkshakes and more
The Accounts Payable Specialist is responsible for recurring and ad-hoc reporting and analysis within the Accounts Payable department. This position reviews travel and expense reports, and interacts with employees at all levels in the company. Other responsibilities include researching and preparing invoices for payment, accurate and timely posting of invoices to the G/L, and working in BPCS and SAP, as well as managing and resolving problems with invoices by interacting with internal and external customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and approve travel and expense reports, and serve as the lead, interacting positively with traveling employees at all levels of the company.
- Serve as subject matter expert by keeping up to date with company policies on spending and travel, and with software applications used for payments processing.
- Write and build reports in the Certify expense report portal for department research and metrics, and analyze as directed.
- Research and resolve problems with invoices by responding to vendor e-mail and phone inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Work effectively with locations to resolve purchase order errors.
- Maintain good relationships with vendors, purchasing department, and various plant locations by acting in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Review invoices for completeness and accuracy, and prepare and post invoices to G/L for payment. Also recognize when to escalate problem invoices to the A/P Manager.
- Audit and approve invoices received through an electronic payment system; process paper invoices including 3-way match; maintain vendor records including tax and banking records.
- Post invoices in BPCS Accounts Payable application.
- Audit and process invoices in SAP and work in VIM (Vendor Invoice Management) system to audit invoices that are sent to our OCR tool, and route for coding and approval.
- Additional various duties as assigned, including processing wire invoices.
Education and Experience
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel; experience with SAP system is preferred
- Familiarity with queries and pivot tables
Skills and Competencies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, high volume environment and able to handle and manage heavy work periods.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all level of employees.
- Strong organizational skills, while effectively prioritizing activities.
- Must be able to apply and learn new skills, while possessing the willingness to adapt to changes in systems, processes and procedures as we continue to automating processes.
- Self-motivated and able to work with urgency towards timely completion of
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness, while responding promptly to customer needs.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Must have a strong ability to analyze and problem
HP Hood is an Equal Opportunity Employer
“VERVRAA Federal Contractor”
Job date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 04:45:59 GMT