- Quality Manager - Oakville, ON
- Legal Counsel - Temporary Position - Oakville, ON - Oakville, CA
- Automation Specialist - Oakville, ON
- METROLINX Track Maintainer, Oakville ON - Oakville, ON
- Rope Access Composite Field Specialist - Oakville, ON - Oakville, CA
From digitalization to automation, we’re changing the cities you live in and the places you work.
Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance- Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2022 and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers 2022.
The R&D Operations Coordinator works individually and with cross-functional teams to support R&D activities in the Siemens Technology, CyberSecurity Technologies, Canada Research Center (T CST CRC). The research activities include innovating best technologies/practices for Monitoring and Defense to strengthen security operations as well as new tool creation to enable improved security capabilities in the areas of consulting, engineering, operations, and testing.
A second and equally important contribution of the Operations Coordinator is to enable new opportunities and relationships within Siemens to identify new research requirements of the businesses or to support current opportunity development underway that may lead to future research potential. This includes working with complementary Academic Institutions, 3rd party research partners and government entities.
- The primary objective of this position is to provide support to the Regional Research Group Head in driving and growing the day to day operations of the R&D organization.
- This position will interact with multidisciplinary cross-functional teams across R&D, and within Siemens to address the needs of Industry, Infrastructure, Mobility, and Healthcare providing security solutions that are relevant to the business.
What will you do?
- Supports the Head of R&D in day-to-day operations for R&D including coordination of team activities across the R&D footprint (R&D project management).
- Maintains an overall resource plan for the R&D group to ensure that projects meet schedules and budgets.
- Supports the R&D Finance Controller, assists in developing and maintaining an overall budget plan for the R&D group for projects inclusive labor lab expansions.
- Monitors project schedules by ensuring usage of various review mechanisms and templates.
- Supports the R&D team in reviews as required by coordinating cross-functional inputs and activities
- Supports the R&D team by managing early stage projects and project proposals, especially with external research organizations.
- Coordinate the requirements of administrative functions, Marketing & Communications, Product Management and Regulatory functions in a matrix.
- Supports Siemens businesses by managing and contributing to early stage proposals
- Partners with HR to support the long-term talent planning and talent management strategy through skillset assessment tools and analytics, with the goal to build a learning organization and support knowledge transfer and succession.
- Occasional travel may be required
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree in business or related discipline
- 5-10 years of related experience preferably in a global matrixed organization.
- Cybersecurity or DevOps industry experience preferred
- Experience working within Industry in the Operations Technology field is preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and strong ability to coordinate complex activities across multiple stakeholders and geographies.
- Previous experience in project management and knowledge and training in formal project management practices is desirable.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, upward and team
- Data savvy with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of integrity and discretion.
- Responsive team player with the interest to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment
- Thinking within clear but substantially diverse procedures, precedents and scenarios
- Self starter with a demonstrated proactive approach in dealing with unique situations that may require a “search for solutions”
- Proficient user in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual in French preferred; multilingual is desirable
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $$385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.