- Senior Applied Scientist, Amazon Fashion and Fitness - Sunnyvale, CA
- Executive Assistant, Amazon Devices & Services - Sunnyvale, CA
- Applied Scientist, Amazon Fashion - Sunnyvale, CA
- Data Scientist, Amazon Fashion - Sunnyvale, CA
- Machine Learning Engineer, Amazon Fashion & Fitness - Sunnyvale, CA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
Join the team building the mobile experience for Alexa and help us create a world where Alexa is always there to help you on-the-go. The Alexa Mobile Team is looking for a Principal Product Manager who will help us bring that vision to life by building amazing customer experiences in the Alexa Mobile App.
As a Principal Product Manager (Tech), you will lead critical, high visibility consumer app experiences with a direct impact on customers. You will be responsible for developing the strategy and vision for mission critical app experiences. In this role, you will work closely with UX and Engineering teams as well as partner with adjacent teams to deliver experiences.
This role requires the ability to think big, dive deep with technical teams, and work across partners throughout the larger Alexa ecosystem to deliver important features for Alexa. You must have a passion for mobile app experiences and bring analytical rigor to the team. You must have strong product management fundamentals with consumer product experience. It is critical that you can work backwards from the customer and think through the translation of customer needs to technical solutions with the help of your engineering partners. Customers love what Alexa can already do. They are even more excited about her future potential.
Key job responsibilities
As the Principal Product Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Defining new products and services that drive Alexa engagement and retention
- Evaluating the business opportunity and application of new and emerging technologies
- Generating buy-in for the product vision with leadership and partner teams
- Creating and owning the product roadmap
- Translating customer experiences into clearly defined product requirements
- Managing prioritization and trade-offs to ensure delivery of a great customer experience
- Anticipating and resolving strategic issues that impair the team’s ability to deliver
- Leading cross-functionally to ensure the product vision is implemented effectively
A day in the life
In this role, you will drive the product strategy, vision, and delivery for new Alexa app experiences for millions of customers . You will be the primary interface for a diverse set of partner teams within Alexa and across the broader devices org and will take on the most challenging product management opportunities with autonomy and extremely high visibility. You will work closely with user experience design, UX research, marketing, program management, and engineering to bring new products to market.
About the team
We are the team building customer facing experiences in the Alexa Mobile App. This team works especially close with both product and UX designers to rapidly experiment and develop key features for a strategic area of the business.
This role provides flexible remote work arrangements. You will be able to share the location preferences during the hiring process.
Note: We are open to multiple locations including Seattle, Bay Area, Santa Monica, and NYC.
- 8+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
Two years of post-MBA product management experience.
- Experience launching large, consumer facing mobile products
- Excitement for diving deep into iOS and Android capabilities
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment.
- Experience with mobile messaging experiences and platforms
- 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience with mobile products.
- Ability to work backwards from the customer experience all the way to the technical capability.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to clearly communicate these data insights to others.
- General manager / owner mentality, willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary.
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Real passion for mobile apps and customer experiences.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.