- Senior Product Manager, Customer Product Platform - San Francisco, CA - Santa Clara, CA
- Outbound Sales Representative, Vauban - San Francisco, CA - New York City, NY
- Accounting Manager (Remote - West Coast/Pacific Time) - San Francisco, CA
- VP of Finance and Operations - San Francisco, CA
- Senior Manager, Financial Systems - San Francisco, CA
Carta is a cap table management SaaS company on a mission to give more employees ownership in the companies they build.
The Company You’ll Join
At Carta we create owners and make private markets liquid.
We live in a world where some people live on the equity stack and enjoy exponential wealth growth and preferential tax treatment; others live on the debt stack and may work their entire lives for a company and retire only with the cash they’ve managed to save from their paychecks. Our contribution to solving the wealth inequality problem is moving people from the debt stack (payroll) to the equity stack. By making it as easy to issue equity to employees as it is to put them on payroll, we can create more owners.
At Carta, we are helpful, transparent, fair, and kind. We are relentless executors, unconventional thinkers, and masters of our craft.
Learn more about our Series G fundraising round here.
The Team You’ll Work With
At Carta, we’re building the future of equity and ownership. We’ve changed how companies, investors, and employees manage equity.
Our legal team works cross-functionally to help achieve Carta’s overall mission of building the future of equity ownership. Like the rest of Carta, we are committed to working collaboratively, transparently, and efficiently. We are committed to excellence in our work, a growth mindset and continuous improvement, and developing a deep understanding of our products and services as well as the broader business context in which our clients operate so that we can deliver innovative and creative legal solutions. We require a strong bias to action and for driving results, and are responsible for supporting all teams across the organization to ensure they have the resources they need to be successful while protecting Carta’s core values and interests.
We are looking for a Legal Intern who can help support the Carta legal team’s efforts to provide cutting edge legal advice to cross-functional teams in complex lines of business. Above all, we are looking for a thoughtful, proactive team player who is interested in developing a business-oriented, pragmatic mindset to solving legal, regulatory, and commercial problems in a fast-scaling company.
The Problems You’ll Solve
Under the supervision of Carta’s legal team:
- Work collaboratively with the legal team to support cross-functional teams in furthering strategic business and legal initiatives across the company.
- Take on research and/or data analysis projects and independently drive them to completion.
- Develop, improve, and maintain relevant playbooks and knowledge bases.
- Help business teams make smart decisions by issue-spotting and utilizing legal experience and expertise to bear on the complicated problems we are trying to solve.
- Partner with cross-functional legal experts and internal stakeholders to advise on the product and customer experience, including go-to-market, marketing, sales, and customer service and account management.
- Provide support as needed to the other members of the Carta legal team.
- Currently enrolled in a U.S. ABA-accredited law school as a 3L (current or rising) and in good standing.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, communicate effectively, and meet tight deadlines.
- Interest in tech startups, venture capital, securities regulation, and related trends and business practices.
- Understanding of software technology and cloud services, associated business models, and technology industry trends a plus.
Covid Vaccine Policy
In an effort to safeguard the health of our employees, Carta has implemented a policy requiring all new hires to receive the COVID vaccine (including boosters as the individuals become eligible for them). Proof of vaccination will be required as a condition of employment. Carta will continue to comply with applicable laws regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals with disabilities and/or strongly held religious beliefs. This policy is part of Carta’s ongoing efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of our staff and community, and to support public health efforts.