- Mars Inc Corporate Sustainable Packaging Undergraduate Internship Graduating Winter '23 Spring '24 - McLean, VA
- Senior Manager- Corporate Strategy (Hybrid role) - McLean, VA
- Eng Sr Prin - Elec - Manassas, VA
- Dir III- Quality - Manassas, VA
- Master Planner Prin - Manassas, VA
Mars is a family-owned business with more than 130,000 associates globally, making diverse products and offering services for people and pets.
$5000 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
Maintenance Mechanic Shift Technician Nights
Hours: 5:30pm -6:00am. 2-2-3 schedule: work 2 days, off 2 days, work 3 days, off 2 days, work 2 days, off 3 days.
This position serves as a Maintenance Mechanic. This associate will be responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting equipment and systems during factory runtime and downtime.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment and systems during factory runtime and down time. Make adjustments based on evaluations taken during the shift.
- To respond to unplanned work orders to safely and quickly bring equipment back to production.
- Ensure complete and timely closeout of unplanned work orders with a clear description of the observed problems, actions taken and any follow-ups that may be required.
- Communicate issues observed to the System Technician and develop solutions for recurrent issues.
- Inspect equipment for wear, metal fatigue and damage.
- Rebuild and fabricate parts and equipment.
- Drive implementation of a “Continuous Improvement” organization that demonstrates improvement by continuously driving faults lower.
- Can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot and cold, dust, dirt and chemicals
- Perform assigned preventive maintenance on equipment and systems.
- Work with the System Technicians to improve performance of systems.
- Adopt the Mars OS such as MP2/CMMS and use it daily.
- To thoroughly train associates new to the area.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area abiding by Mars Safety Practices.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by manager abiding by the Quality Practices and Mars Safety practices.
- Every associate at Mars has responsibility for the achievement of quality and food safety.
Context and Scope
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for various reliability functions within the site. This associate is responsible for maintaining standard running conditions of operating equipment throughout the facility. The associate will also be responsible for repairs and replacement of failed components with the ability to troubleshoot unknown equipment issues.
- Must have 3 years of experience in a maintenance capacity within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of electrical systems using 480 volt 3 phase as well as 240 volt through 24 volt single phase systems.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve technical problems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of industrial plant systems, equipment and operations.
- Team working skills at a variety of function levels.
- Proficient in the use of industrial mechanics tools and electrician’s tools.
- The ability to certify and operate a forklift.
- Able to complete all tasks in the area assigned by managers abiding by the Mars Safety and Quality Practices.
- Physical requirements: Ability to perform all needed physical activities without restrictions. (Maximum of 50 pounds lifting.)
- Predictive maintenance skills
- Controls and instrumentation knowledge including, but not limited to, HMI system chart recorders, resistance temperature detectors, pressure differential transmitters and 4-20 MA loop control systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot programmable logic controllers (PLCs) hardware including Allen Bradley PLCs as well as others used in the field.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints as well as basic intermediate PLC ladder logic.
- PC skills including the use of system to plan and close work orders.
- Welding experience.
- Bilingual – Ability to communicate clearly in Spanish a plus.