- Front End Engineer, Amazon Registry Services - Seattle, WA
- Software Development Manager, Amazon S3 - Seattle, WA
- Amazon Industrial Innovation Fund, Venture Investor - Seattle, WA
- Marketing Manager, Amazon Launchpad & Handmade - Seattle, WA
- Software Development Engineer II, Amazon Business (B2B) - Seattle, WA
Our mission: To be Earth's most customer-centric company.
AWS Central Economics is hiring experienced economists. Our studies impact strategic investments, business models, resource allocation, pricing models, go-to-market motions and more.
This economist role partners with AWS business leaders across the organization to define and deliver on economic questions that guide their most strategic decisions. The successful candidate will be a problem solver who enjoys diving into data, is excited by difficult modeling challenges and ambiguous starting points, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interface and collaborate with product, finance, planning and business teams.
Specific questions include developing supporting economics for new business model, evaluating the relationship between short and long term growth, mapping and affecting the customer journey through different AWS products and cloud technologies.
The Central AWS Econ team is dedicated to answering these (and many more) questions using quantitative, economic and statistical methods.
Key job responsibilities
- Use economic theories to structure ambiguous problems
- Lead and conduct economic studies, including developing and communicating practical implications to senior leadership
- Collaborate with business leaders to develop business recommendations based on the economic studies
- Collaborate with data analysts to develop new metrics and data pipelines
About the team
We are a collaborative team with a variety of skills. Our economists work with data that respects
- PhD in Economics or closely related field
- Proven experience in R, Python, or a related software
-Post PhD experience in conducting economic research
- Ability to communicate relevant scientific insights from data to non-technical audience
- Experience applying economics in a business setting
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.