- EMC Specialist - Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
- Radio Unit SW/HW Integration Lead - Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
- Terveydenhoitaja - Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa
Flex is a global manufacturing company where employees thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose — to make great products that create value and improve people’s lives.
Be part of our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Mechanics Specialist located in Oulu,Finland.
Reporting to the Electromechanics Technology Manager, the Mechanics Specialist is responsible for defining requirements and development of radio (RU) products mechanics from concept development to mass production.
What a typical day looks like:
- You work as a part of product development projects together with the customers and HW team furthermore work out product requirement definitions
- You regularly participate in project meetings with your team and develop mechanical product concepts and collaborate with other teams to provide realistic schedule and effort estimations
- You optimize product designs to meet performance specifications including thermal management performance
- With the team you develop products 2D and 3D models in PTC Creo and work on Simulations
- You participate in HW related discussions with our customers and deliver technical reports and design documentation
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- A finished education in mechanical engineering or equivalent with industrial experience
- Good communication and co-operation skills, good logical thinking, strong sense of responsibility, ability to think independently and solve problems encountered in the project
- Experienced in aluminum die cast mechanical enclosures and working with PTC Creo/Windchill is preferable
- Great would also be if you have a good system understanding and understand how the different components and modules in the device interact and influence each other. (e.g. EMC, power/thermal management)
- Professional written and verbal English skills are mandatory in this role; additional languages such as Finnish would give you an advantage
- Self-motivated desire to improve work methodology to increase efficiency and improve quality
The following experiences would give you an advantage:
- Experience of radio products design
- Experience in the mechanical design of high performance heatsinks and thermal interfaces to electronic components
Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We’re happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.