- Engineer - Digital Data - Phoenix, AZ
- Data Engineer - Enterprise Data Governance - Phoenix, AZ
- Senior Front End Engineer - React - Digital Payments - Phoenix, AZ
- Customer Experience Concierge Centurion Lounge – PHX Airport - Phoenix, AZ
- Full Stack Web Engineer - Phoenix, AZ
American Express is a global services company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights, and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
We’ve built one of the most respected service brands in the world by creating quality products that set the standard for ease, convenience, security, and innovation. Our UX/UI Designers are at the center of it all, collaborating with business leaders, partners and engineering teams to create the best experience for our products and customers. The Ask Amex department is responsible for digital innovation at American Express by originating, incubating, and managing emerging products and platforms that can be essential to our customers’ digital lives. We strive to emphasize creativity, customer centricity, and innovation. If that fits your career vision, look no further.
We are seeking a UX/UI Designer with a customer/agent-centric mindset who wants to help create the best omni-channel servicing experience. You will work closely on the agent side of our internal chat tool that our Customer Care Professionals use to deliver world-class customer service on the Mobile App, AmericanExpress.com, and Apple Business Chat.
- Translate concepts and requirements into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Understand user needs by researching, conducting focus groups, sketching, prototyping, and usability testing with users.
- Develop and maintain a style guide for the application
- Assist with the development and implementation of designs by collaborating hand-in-hand with developers to ensure the designed experiences are delivered.
- This individual will work closely with Product Owners, Product Managers, Scrum Masters, Engineers, and Operations.
- You need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Minimum 1 -2 years of UI and UX design work experience, strong visual design skills and ability to create design systems for software web applications.
- You have a robust toolkit, from quick whiteboarding and hand-sketching, to Sketch, Invision and Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- You are self-motivated and share responsibility for the team’s success and progress
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills, synthesizing design feedback and articulating “why.”
- Must be willing to work US hours
- A degree or equivalent education/experience in design is preferred
- Interaction design experience is a plus but not required
- Video editing experience is a plus but not required
- Must provide an online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions and patterns from mobile devices to desktop.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
US Job Seekers/Employees – Click here to view the “EEO is the Law” poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
If the links do not work, please copy and paste the following URLs in a new browser window: https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ofccp/posters to access the three posters.
Amex Flex –
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible – and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day. We back our colleagues with the support they need to thrive, professionally and personally. That’s why we have Amex Flex, our enterprise working model that provides greater flexibility to colleagues while ensuring we preserve the important aspects of our unique in-person culture. Depending on role and business needs, colleagues will either work onsite, in a hybrid model (combination of in-office and virtual days) or fully virtually.
Currently, the Company requires that colleagues be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work in or visit any of our US and Canada offices, subject to legally required accommodations. If the role you are applying for is designated as hybrid or onsite, you will be required to visit our offices.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.