- Financial Analyst, Apple Real Estate & Development FP&A - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Apple Pay Product Marketing Lead - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Head of Commerce Product for Apple Services - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- AI/ML - Machine Learning Platform and Technologies Opportunities at Apple - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
- Software Engineer, Apple Watch - Media Apps - Santa Clara, CA - Cupertino, CA
Working at Apple means doing more than you ever thought possible and having more impact than you ever imagined.
Summary Posted: Jun 15, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We lead all aspects of all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the detailed development and execution of elite communications. Marcom Data Science is responsible for delivering insights about Apple’s marketing efforts. We lead and support analyses across Apple.com, Channel Digital, email marketing, social media, and paid media. We’re looking for an outstanding Data Scientist to lead the design and analysis of our experiments. You will join our multi-functional Optimization team comprised of Data Scientists, Creatives, Developers, and Producers. You will uncover high-impact optimization opportunities, craft compelling A/B test proposals, and analyze experiment results. If you’re passionate about the intersection between marketing, data science, and experimentation, we encourage you to apply! We’re building an incredible function from the ground up and believe you’ll find a highly energized environment to share your expertise and help boost data-driven innovation within Marcom.
Expertise with experimentation and statistical hypothesis testing (e.g. sample size determination / power analysis, statistical tests, confidence intervals, etc).
* Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate analyses to a diverse group of partners including data scientists, creatives, and marketing leaders.
* Outstanding digital analytics experience with the ability to derive insights from multiple quantitative and qualitative data sources.
* Strong data querying skills (SQL) and experience with a scripting language (Python or R).
* Excellent time leadership skills and ability to lead multiple A/B testing projects in various stages of development.
* Great teammate who enjoys collaborating with others.
BENEFICIAL BUT NOT REQUIRED: – Experience with econometrics and quasi-experiments. – Experience with predictive analytics and ML algorithms such as regression, decision trees, clustering, and neural nets. DESCRIPTION Core responsibilities cover three pillars: DIGITAL ANALYTICS: – Lead a select number of strategic analyses to provide teams and leaders with concrete insights regarding opportunities to improve traffic, engagement, and conversion. – Turn optimization hypotheses into A/B test proposals. Partner with Marcom Producers, Creatives, and Developers to resolve A/B test population, user experience, critical metrics, and runtime requirements. EXPERIMENT ANALYSIS: – Design experiments, analyze results, develop insights, and summarize recommendations. – Work closely with the A/B Test Platform Engineering Team to ensure the analytics implementation suits our needs. RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT: – Partner with Data Scientists across Marcom, Retail, and Operations on projects to increase the sophistication of our experimentation program and deliver deeper insights about marketing performance.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree with quantitative emphasis. Statistics, Data Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Marketing Analytics, or related field. Master’s Degree desirable.
Minimum 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.