- AVP,VP -Portfolio Manager- Capital Equipment Finance - Morristown, NJ - New York City, NY
- Learning & Talent Development Consultant - Morristown, NJ - New York City, NY
- Quantitative Risk Model Developer - Morristown, NJ
- Business Analyst II - Raleigh, NC - Morristown, NJ
- Financial Analyst (Hybrid) - Morristown, NJ - Raleigh, NC
firstcitizens First Citizens Bank
First Citizens Bank is a full-service financial institution with nearly 550 locations nationwide.
This position is responsible for the direction, development, and management of Treasury activities as pertaining to interest rate risk. Monitors changes in the economy and balance sheet to advise senior leadership on the risk positions of the Bank. Directs analysis and reporting efforts to illuminate current and forecasted risk positions and recommends methods to manage or limit risk. Ensures the alignment of Treasury strategy with wider organizational tactics to maximize Bank earnings while minimizing losses.
The Balance Sheet Management (BSM) Group is a front-line function within Treasury. The BSM group is responsible for measuring FCB’s interest rate and liquidity risk exposures to support funding, hedging, and investment activities, as well as the Company’s strategic planning and capital management decisions.
The Director Treasury -Balance Sheet Data and Modeling position offers a unique opportunity to be highly focused on data analysis, data transformation logic, and model development in support of interest rate and liquidity risk management activities. The role requires general banking product knowledge (commercial loans, residential mortgages, non-maturity deposits, etc.), experience with the Quantitative Risk Management (QRM) system, excellent business acumen, and problem-solving skills. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and partner with other departments across the enterprise including Information Technology, Risk, Finance, and front-line business teams.
- Support monthly ALM and liquidity production activities as primary lead in data quality analysis, data transformation, QRM system logic modifications, and performance analytic
- Assist in the of balance sheet and cashflow modeling to measure multiple risks hierarchically and across the entire organization within the QRM system
- Maintain regular (written and oral) interactions with technology, operations teams, Financial Planning, Audit, Model Validation, Controllers, and model developers.
- Project manage data sourcing, testing and implementation projects for Treasury’s BSM Group requiring coordination across cross-departments and in a fast-paced environmen
- Work with other modeling analysts, to provide expertise in targeted data delivery and utilization for model development and implementation to support ALM, capital and liquidity stress-testing activitie
- Business Strategy – Responsible for the development and revision of policies, standards, procedures, and strategies as related to interest rate risk management. Advises on methods to ensure profitability under various interest rate environments.
- Business Support – Evaluates the balance sheet’s asset-liability risks for the recommendation of targets and limits. Assists with analysis and risk identification within products, markets, and client behavior.
- Provides direction and guidance to associates within Treasury. Reporting – Oversees and provides reports on risk positions, the Asset-Liability Committee (ALCO), and other areas of responsibility to the appropriate parties. Ensures all activities follow regulatory and Bank guidelines.
- Relationship Development – Maintain a strong, communicative relationship with regulatory agencies, internal risk, and audit departments to facilitate Treasury initiatives and strategies.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Address model validator, auditor, or regulator questions and/or feedback.
- Produce and maintain robust documentation as needed to ensure applicability of results and fulfill governance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 10 years of experience in Bank Treasury; Managing interest rate risk model and position. OR High School Diploma or GED and 14 years of experience in Bank Treasury; Managing interest rate risk model and position.
- License or Certification Type: Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Preferred
- Skill(s): Experience with financial risk modeling – market risk, credit risk, and operational risk
Other Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience with ALM systems (QRM, Bancware, etc. )
- MBA or MS in Finance or other quantitative field is preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS SQL, Excel, VBA required
- Excellent organizational skills with sound strategic judgment and vision
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate complex topics at all levels of the organization
- Creative problem solver and strong analytical and technical capabilities with proven ability to process large datasets into meaningful information