- Data Analyst 1 - Cypress, CA
- Lead Software Engineer - La Palma, CA - La Palma, CA
- Customer Service Supervisor - Cypress, CA - Cypress, CA
- Lead Software Engineer - La Palma, CA - La Palma, CA
- Discharge Care Manager, RN - CA - Cypress, CA
UnitedHealth Group, the parent organization of UnitedHealthcare and Optum, is one of the world’s leading diversified health care companies.
If you are located within La Palma, CA, you will have the flexibility to telecommute (work from home) as you take on some tough challenges.
Training classes start soon – apply today!
Turn on the news on any night of the week and you’re likely to hear about the changes that are sweeping through our health care system. It’s dramatic. It’s challenging. And addressing the challenges is being led by companies like UnitedHealth Group. Now, you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our members. You’ll handle 50-70 calls per shift, always remembering to bring compassion and a sense of engagement to enhance the customer experience.
This position is full-time, Monday – Friday. Employees are required to work our normal business hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm.
All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Ensure quality customer service for internal and external customers with focus on needs identification, problem solving and partnering with billing and eligibility specialists
- Monitor delegated customer service issues to ensure timely and accurate resolution
- Use appropriate communication techniques when responding to customers, particularly in stressful situations
- Inform and educate new customers regarding billing/invoicing set up and billing/payment procedures
- Place outgoing phone calls to complete follow-up on customer service requests as necessary
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll interact with customers continuously by phone and in writing. Within a high volume setting, you’ll need to develop knowledge of our various products and multiple levels of benefits within each product in order to best assist our providers/customers.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) OR equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience analyzing and solving customer problems OR 3+ years of experience in an office setting environment using the telephone and computer as the primary instruments to perform job duties
- Ability to multi-task including ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications, which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Ability to work an 8-hour shift Monday-Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Healthcare experience
- Medical systems experience
- Reside within Reside within a commutable distance to La Palma, CA
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: #RPO, #YELLOW