We’re a consulting firm focused on productivity, improving process efficiency, and reducing manufacturing costs.
Microdesk is seeking to hire an experienced BIM Civil/GIS Consultant to join our team. The role will offer remote flexibility for the chosen individual.
- Support the success of the Microdesk sales team by providing technical presentations, recommending solution offerings and marketing messaging
- Deliver online webinars to customers
- Grow and maintain respected, long-term, trusted advisor relationships with customers and members of the Microdesk sales force involved with the opportunity
- Be able to demonstrate, map / integrate disparate AEC technologies to solve design and construction workflow inefficiencies
- Present proposed technical solution(s) and relate them to the customer’s business issues
- Provide Technical Support to help customers thru technical issues
- Deliver training at either Microdesk or client offices
- Provide staff augmentation and mentoring services to support customers
- Establish metrics for quantifying the customer’s return on investment and justification for solution investment
- Lead discovery of adjacent opportunities
Skills & Experience:
- At least 3 years of practical experience in Civil/Utility Engineering within the industry within one or more of the following areas:
- Experience with the process, workflow and use of AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, Esri ArcGIS, and related technologies.
- Direct experience implementing custom applications for both desktop and web GIS environments.
- Proven success designing and implementing GIS and relational databases within the Civil Engineering or Survey industries.
- Understands the workflow between various members of the design team.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Survey Engineering or related industry
- Professional registration (P.E., P.L.S., etc.) and industry accreditations (LEED AP, GISP) is preferred
You’re a great fit as a Microdesk Consultant if:
- You are tech savvy and like solving problems
(i.e. improving workflows, automating repetitive tasks, troubleshooting)
- You are proactive and enjoy learning new software programs
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where every day is different
- You can manage and prioritize multiple clients/projects at the same time
- You are skilled in information gathering and technical discovery techniques
- You work well independently but also in a team-oriented culture
- You enjoy traveling and are comfortable with flexible working situations
- You value a good work-life balance
We offer an enriching environment where learning and growing technically becomes part of your career. Microdesk is dedicated to fostering the professional growth and development of our employees.
Microdesk offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including Aetna Medical with company funded HRA or HSA, Ameritas Dental, EyeMed Vision, Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts and Commuter Spending Account options, company paid Life, STD and LTD insurances, 401K and Profit Sharing Plan with 35% match and generous paid time off and sick time policies.
Microdesk is an Equal Opportunity Employer